Osage Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, Grotech Ventures, Edison Partners, Safeguard Scientifics, and Ascent Venture Partners are excited to host Quick Pitch: An Online Venture Fair, during which entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to hold one-on-one chat sessions with VCs. The overall concept is relatively simple and analogous to an in-person venture event. Each VC fund will have an online "booth", and entrepreneurs can choose to wait in line in one or multiple booths. Once connected in a chat, entrepreneurs have eight minutes to convince the VC of how exciting their startup is and to secure a follow-up phone call or meeting. There are no plug-ins, downloads, or software requirements; all you need to participate is a computer, tablet, or smartphone with a reliable internet connection and the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, or Chrome.
If you are an entrepreneur of an early stage business-to-business software company on the East Coast, we encourage you to join us for what we expect to be a very popular and exciting event. The key details are below
- When: Friday, December 11 from 2PM – 4PM
- Where: Your computer / tablet / phone wherever you might find yourself that afternoon
- Who: 2-3 representatives from seven great funds: Osage Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, Grotech Ventures, Edison Ventures, Safeguard Scientific, and Ascent Venture Partners and 120+ entrepreneurs of B2B software companies on the East Coast
- What: A chat-based event through the Brazen platform, which automatically pairs you with VCs for an eight minute, one-on-one discussion through which you can pitch your business and the VCs will have the opportunity to ask questions
- Entrepreneurs submit a company description, LinkedIn profile, and business plan for review by the VCs, which is available during and after the chat sessions
- What Does it Cost: Absolutely nothing. OVP is sponsoring the event
- How to Join: Register here ASAP - space is limited and we expect it to sell out quickly
Earlier this year OVP invested in Brazen, an exciting company based in Arlington, VA led by a great team in Ed Barrientos and Ryan Healy. Brazen offers a real-time messaging platform that helps organizations create better engagement with a range of stakeholders through chat-based online events, proving particularly effective in facilitating interactions between individuals who don't know each other but otherwise have an shared reason to interact. We had tracked Brazen for a while from its origins in the recruiting space providing virtual career fairs, and became excited enough to lead the Series A round as the company broadened use cases to include alumni engagement events for universities, employee engagement events for large enterprises, and marketing and lead generation events for businesses. We are excited about this partnership with Brazen to launch its latest, and what will undoubtedly prove its most lucrative, use case. -.